Thursday 13 May 2010

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!


First of all I would like to thank everyone who has made a contribution so far and encourage anyone who hasn't yet to take a minute right now and make a little donation to this great cause. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/PLFUK

So I'm sitting in a McDonald's in central Amsterdam at the moment trying to juggle several balls: My day job managing some great projects at European Directories, ensuring that all of the travel arrangements are definitely confirmed for next week, last minute equipment purchases are on the way, etc. I must throw a special thanks to European Directories for an outstanding contribution and to our friends at Xaton for an excellent contribution.

Last night I was thinking about the gravity of this trip for me personally. For me this has been a dream for a long time but it's only fun, in my opinion, if I have great friends to share the experience with me. Paul has been a friend for a long time and it's safe to say we've all gotten along very well and become quick friends. I think friendship is often easier to establish when everyone is pulling towards the exact same goal and I find this is true in all aspects of life. It's also been a huge personal challenge. We all have demanding jobs and schedules, families to balance, general life to deal with and plugging in a personal commitment like this is no easy feat. While others went out on Fridays and Saturdays, we were disciplined. We trained in rain and cold throughout the past several months and at this stage are as ready as we'll ever be.

I know we're four lucky guys. Paul, Barry, Alex and I have supportive friend, families, co-workers, colleagues and patients (Paul's a Physiotherapist) who have taken interest and encouraged us throughout. Next week we ride off for all of them and if you're reading this, probably you.

There's a lot more to come and photos along the way. Technology is great these days and I'm pleased I'll be able to bring all of you along virtually and look forward to messages of support.

Cheers,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment